#1 June 12, 21:00

ItalyIT90873PA

hello,what means Km 0 in receivers when i log in?
Thank in advance,
Sergio

#2 June 13, 15:48

GermanyAlex

Administrator

ShippingExplorer Ltd.

That statistic can tell you how good the reception is (how many kilometers away you can still pick up signals from ships). In order for that calculation to work, we need to know the coordinates of the receiver. Unfortunately, we don't have a Lat/Lon for your receiver, so this is why it always just shows "0 km".
If you want, you can provide us with the coordinates of your receiver (per e-mail) and we can add it.

#3 June 13, 16:18

ItalyIT90873PA

Hello Alex,
thank for reply.These are my coordinates:*redacted*,in this moment antenna is about 25 m from the ground but i could rise up it about 3 m higher,do you think this could get a better reception?How can i subscribe for newsletter in excel?
Thank in advance,kind regards
Sergio

1 times edited. Last time by Alex - June 13, 17:46.

#4 June 13, 17:48

GermanyAlex

Administrator

ShippingExplorer Ltd.

Hello Sergio,

I've added your coordinates to the receiver, you should start seeing reception distances within the next hours. I've also removed the coordinates from your forum post, to keep your privacy.

A higher antenna will usually provide a better range. So if you want to and can do so safely, go ahead.

I've activated the Excel traffic newsletter for your account and some other features ;) Restart your application and open Traffic Analysis, there you'll be able to configure the Excel newsletter.

1 times edited. Last time by Alex - June 13, 17:50.

#5 June 13, 20:57

ItalyIT90873PA

Hi Alex,
yes now i'm receveing the distance of the ships,thank for removing of coordinates,in the next days i'm going to raise up the antenna e changing its position.
thank for the help,kind regards
Sergio