#1 March 25 2016, 10:53

Roywhee

I have several photos of large ships that are not listed by you. Is there anywhere these photos can be entered so your records can be updated, or others can report sightings/photos?

#2 March 25 2016, 18:27

GermanyAlex

Administrator

ShippingExplorer Ltd.

Can you give us some examples of large ships that are missing, please?

#3 July 27 2016, 10:59

Roywhee

Hi,
Sorry I haven't got back before but have only just spotted your reply.

I have photos of the following ships: -
RICHARD WITH: Passenger ship in Alesund, Norway on 29th June 2016
FJORD1 - SKAGASTOL: Passenger ship in Flam, Norway on 21st June 2016
ANDERS BAS: Cargo ship in Flam, Norway on 21st June 2016
Also smaller boats: -
ORNFLOY: Fishing type boat in Trondheim, Norway on 23rd June 2016
BRANNSPROYTA: Fireboat in Alesund, Norway on 29th June 2016

#4 July 27 2016, 11:31

Roywhee

Hi,

Here's another ship I can't find: -

MVAGIA EKATERINI: A cargo ship photographed in Casablanca on 14th March 2016.

Roy

#5 July 27 2016, 12:41

Roywhee

Hi again,

I thought I'd send some of the photos of the ships' nameplates in case these help. These are attached.

Roy

#6 July 28 2016, 15:13

GermanyAlex

Administrator

ShippingExplorer Ltd.

Hello Roywhee,

Your first ship, Richard With is here: http://www.shippingexplorer.net/en/ship/richard-with/8455 It can be found if you start typing its name and don't go further than "Richard W", otherwise the "With" will be filtered out as the search engine ignores this word because it thinks you mean "with" (a common English word). This is an unfortunate coincidence. Searching by IMO/MMSI or the call-sign should work regardless however.
MV Agia Ekaterini is here: http://www.shippingexplorer.net/en/ship/mv-agia-ekaterini/82335

Fjord1 and Anders Bas seem like small ships that don't have an AIS transponder onboard (not required for small ships). So this is why you can't find it in our database as there's can be no tracking information. Same for Ornfloy and Brannsproyta.

2 times edited. Last time by Alex - July 28 2016, 15:16.

#7 July 29 2016, 15:55

Roywhee

Thanks Alex for that info.

It seems that MV Agia Ekaterini looks like MVAGIA EKATERINI as painted on the bows. Oops!

I attach a photo of the Anders Bas as it doesn't seem that small to me. Anyway, thanks for your time and effort.

Roy