2. How does the system work?
3. How often is the data refreshed?
4. How do I get an AIS receiver from you?
5. How much will it cost me?
6. I already have the needed equipment, how can I send it to you?
7. Why is the Somalian region not shown?
8. I need more help!
Our systems collect data from AIS receivers placed around seas, canals, and ports. The data is immediately sent to our servers which then distribute that data in real-time to our customers via the internet.
AIS data is encoded in NMEA sentences: !AIVDM,1,1,,A,13UAi60000r:NBBAIbLqd7i60@FL,0*48
Messages include the following three basic types:
- Dynamic information (MMSI, IMO, call sign, ...)
- Static information (position, time (UTC), status, ...)
- Other information (destination, ETA, draft, ...)
Please contact us expressing your interest in getting a free AIS receiver and you will be sent the form to fill out. Please include your name, e-mail address, phone number, coordinates and at what height you can mount the antenna.
We provide the AIS stations for free on the condition that you provide a reliable connectivity. You will have to install the AIS station in your building within 7 days after you receive it from us and provide electricity and internet connectivity 24/7.
Please note the following requirements:
- Antenna should be installed on the roof of your building. The cable between the antenna and the receiver should preferably be less than 20 meters. The ethernet cable (between the AIS receiver and your modem / switch / router) can be of any length.
- Electricity (220 V) for the equipment
- 24/7 connection to the internet, available near the receiver
The following equipment will be shipped to you for free:
- AIS receiver
- VHF antenna (160 MHz)
- Relevant cables and antenna mounting parts